Monday, July 03, 2006

We are almost there

Last night was Sunday and that means popcorn and ice cream for supper. I know that it sounds crazy but it is the one time a week that I do not cook a meal. So we make it fun and enjoy it. My husband usually scoops out the ice cream. When I say he scoops out the ice cream I mean that he really brings it on. Heaping bowls of ice cream are brought to everyone in the family. Needless to say his is always very full. He asked me to scoop the ice cream last night and I looked at him and asked why. Well he then told me that he always put to much in his bowl and then pays for later. I then smiled at him at said " You are always trying to feast before the feast comes."
As children of God we await Heaven and look towards it with longing hearts. In the world there is so much pain and torment, it is so easy to get sucked into it all and feel sorry for ones self. This last week I had selfish feelings, thinking my life was so terrible. In reality it is not. I am blessed by God in many numerous ways, His Body and Blood were shed for me and I know that all of my sins are blotted out by Him. We all want the "big bowl of ice cream" but for now we receive His Body and Blood until He will take us to our Heavenly home.

2 comments:

Steven G. said...

I seem to have your husband's problem of "feasting before the feast comes". By the way I am going to now start using that phrase.
God's peace

Hausfrau said...

I just found your blog through the Lutheran blog directory and wanted to say hello. I look definately forward to visiting you again.