Monday, October 29, 2007
We had her party on Saturday with three of her friends plus the other chicks. There was rollerskating in the morning followed by lunch and then cake and ice cream. She still has that beautiful dark hair that she was born with. I gave her a special gift since she is turning ten and is now a pre-teen. She received a girly bag this morning with the American Girl book about growing up in it. I added person care items, lip gloss, a little training bra, a cute little bag, body spray and shower gel. She is looking forward to all of the new changes that will soon be happening to her.
She also received this dress from her Godparents and their daughter and son-in-law. It matched one of my skirts so well that we thought we would dress the same for Church on Sunday. Chick #2 took the picture of us because the Rooster stayed at church for the voters meeting. I thought I would add this picture of myself because it is my birthday today also.
Friday, October 19, 2007
So now, thank you Laura for tagging me.
Here are the rules.
1. Link the person who has tagged you.
2. Tell seven true things about yourself.
3. Tag seven new people.
4. Leave a message with the person you have tagged so they know about it.
1. I am short only 5'2". I maybe little but I am feisty, not really ;)
2. I sing soprano and I am a diva!
3. I like to wear a single silver toe ring in the summer.
4. I have taken oven 700 pictures since January! Holy Moly
5. Holy Moly is my new favorite saying! I say it really loud and stretch out. The chicks think that it is a hoot.
6. Evey time I try to scrapbook I become so guilt ridden that I can not stand to do it. Chick #1's book is only done until she is 8 months old. She is now almost 10 years old and I will not even bring up the other chick's books. Poor me! Just think how far behind I am with having taken 700 pictures in 10 months. Oh! I can not even think about it. Quick I need to change the subject.
7. Last but not least, ummm! well! Oh darn what should I say now. Can it be about the Rooster and I both? Well, here it is, when we go out to do anything we are both very undeceive. We can never decide what to do, where to go, and what to eat. We always want the other to have what they want so we can never decide on anything.
Now who should I tag? I think that just about everyone has done this. Well I will tag Caroline ,Gina ,Ree, hey, I can dream that she may someday look at my little blog can't I. And The Funny Farm
Ok, I think that I have used way to many brain cells for a Friday night. I give up at four. Of course if anyone would want to tell more unknowns about yourself go ahead!
Homeschooling is not always easy, actually it is really hard sometimes. You know the times, the children all gathered at your feet, coloring lovely pictures while you read great literature to them. Then something happens to this wonderful picture, it is disturbed and the focus is totally lost. The dog wants to be the center of attention and is walking around with a box on his nose. He prances, he shows off, he takes it off and then quickly put it back on his nose all for the sake of a laugh. I hope you enjoy the show.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Thursday, October 11, 2007
I added this picture of dancing chicks just to be funny.
I hope you enjoy the video of the girls doing ballet warm ups.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Sunday, October 07, 2007
I made one really nice batch of applesauce and it tasted just wonderful. Never have I tasted applesauce with such flavor. Well. once when I was at my friends house, she served us some of her applesauce and it was very tasty. I figured that this year I would make it down to the apple orchard and buy a mess of apples so I could try it for myself. I kept that sauce as natural as possible by only adding a little cinnamon and brown sugar after the apples had cooked down.
Then I placed the sauce in jars and gave them a nice hot water bath. Don't the jars look so beautiful? I do not know what it is with food in canning jars, it just make me feel all warm inside. Oh, wait I am all warm inside because I had to do all of the hard work to get the scrumptious food in those pretty jars.
Of course a bunch of apples could not survive in my house with finding their way into a pie. I have a goal in my life to make a perfect looking apple pie that also tastes wonderful. I was close yet again but have not yet mastered it. I simply loved the way that my pie looked after it was done. The crust worked well for me while I was rolling it and placing it in the pan. But when I cut open the cooked pie is was hollow on the top. The apples had cooked down and the crust had stayed in its place. I am not sure how to fix this problem. I pressed the apples firmly down into the pie plate. Maybe it was the egg wash that I put onto the crust. Could it be that it got to firm and then the crust could not settle down onto the apples? I do not know. It sure does taste good with ice cream! Yum!
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Notice that the tree did not hit anything! God can do a much better job at these things that we can.
Here is our poor tree. It will come completely down this next week and then we maybe planting a new one. That issue is currently a topic of discussion at our hen house.