Sunday, January 21, 2007

What can I do?


It has been a long while since I have done any serious blogging. It seems as thought my "blogging" is catching on with people in my family, and now I find myself pondering different subjects. I want to talk about them and many of the ideas in my head are still in their infant stages. Please hang in there if I fumble with me words.
One of my favorite lines from Luther's small catechism is, " I can not by my own reason or strength believe in Jesus Christ my Lord or come to Him". It runs through my mind often and I find myself wondering "What can I do?" Well I know what I am capable of; becoming angry, frustrated, lazy and not wanting to be in my vocation. This is me, a sinner, 100%. I grumble often at doing everyday tasks such as cooking and cleaning. I need patience in dealing with my children, and I, as a sinner, have none.
But during all of this the line from Luther runs through my head. A light is ever present even through I sometimes can not see it. The Holy Spirit had called me and because of this Jesus Christ is in me and he does not grumble. So even though I can not do all of the things required of me I know that he can. His work is ever present in me even though I may not know it. He is always in me taking care of my children, cooking for my family and teaching my children how to pray. I, as a sinner, could never do those things but Christ living in me can. For this I can simply say Amen!

No comments: