Saturday, December 22, 2007

Almost time

It seems as though Christmas is just about here. I have mailed the packages, wrapped the little chick's gifts, wrapped the Rooster's gift, and baked more than I care to mention. We have enjoyed time with friends and advent church services. Today we had one of our Sunday School practices for the Christmas eve service. At the first practice everyone is pulling out their hair wondering how it will ever come together. God never fails to calm our nerves the weekend before Christmas. Today the children sang well and sat still. It is always sad for me to see the bigger kids singing in their last Christmas program. Fourteen years ago I taught one little boy in the nursery class and he would hug me every Sunday after church. Now, this same boy is 14 and he towers over me. Instead of hugs he teases me but always tries hard to do as I ask. It only reminds all to well that my own little chicks are growing way to fast the oldest will only be in 4 more Christmas programs. I have taken some beautiful pictures of cookies that I have baked. So please be careful and do not drool on to your keyboards.


Chocolate Crinkle


Coconut Macaroons


Spritz


Chocolate Butterscotch the most favorite cookie of the Rooster.

4 comments:

Glenda said...

Oh yum, yum, yum, they simply look scrumptious. I, too, have been taking pictures of the goodies I'm baking and was planning on posting pictures later today or tomorrow. Great minds think alike huh? :-)

Kristi said...

Thanks for the drool alert! Some time when things slow down, would you share the Chocolate Butterscotch recipe? It looks great!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I love spritz cookies and those chocolate cookies look good too.

Gina said...

Oh YUM, so after you get done sharing the Chocolate Butterscotch recipe, will you share the other ones, please, please?