Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another day

Today was piano day. Everyone that has children that take piano lessons knows what I mean. Even more, homeschooling mothers who have to change the day to get the kids to lessons. I thought I would have it a little easy. Three children had lessons today so I could drop them off and then head back home. If I was lucky, little chick 5 would fall asleep in the car and get in a good nap after I carried her back into the house. Those are the key words here. Back into the house. This little lady is a very light sleeper. Of course she woke up while I was trying to bring her into the house and to her room. Maybe the house was just too quiet. I mean really, how many times is the house just down to two children. So then I spent the next hour and ten minutes trying to have a nice story time with chick 4 and a fussy crying baby. Not the lovely moment I had in mind.

Our mind always play those tricks on us. We think that the world will be lovely. Our children will listen to us, I will get things done, my boys will not start wrestling in the middle of the store. You get my drift. Everything is always tainted. It does not sparkle and it is not nice. There is grime every where, dust, tears, pain, sadness, lack of sun......

This will only last for a little while. Our days in this life are short and we must think of what has been promised to us. In our baptised lives, we are promised a life without tears, without pain, without hunger, and all of the other discomforts of this life. Christ blood given for our sins is the love that our Father in Heaven has given us. We are only in this world for a little while but we are not of this world. The moment will come when we are taken to our Heavenly home and then we will have all the mysteries revealed to us.

No comments: