Monday, December 18, 2006

A week before Christmas

The Crismon I made for church turned out OK and at least it is finished. It took a lot of work, time, and patients on my part. Maybe I will be able to two next year. It was fun but just hard to try to find time to sit down and make it.


This is my little snowman collection. The one in the center is a music box the plays Frosty The Snowman. The kids love it when we play the music and sing along. We got three of the little snowmen for free when we bought our dinning room set. The candles are very homey looking when they are lit.


My husband bought me this willow tree nativity last Christmas. I love the simple lines it has and the humble look of it. It helps to remember the humble beginnings of our Savior.


I also love snow babies and this in the only free standing figure that I have. I have many little snow babies hanging on our Christmas tree. My Mother started to give them to me when I was 18. My husband bought me this little figure.


We also had a 4-H Christmas party this past weekend. The kids wrapped the gift that we bought for some area angle trees. We were able to buy six gifts and they had fun wrapping them. After we did a craft we all ate to much food and then caroled for a little while. It was a beautiful night for walking around town.

1 comment:

Kristyn Hall said...

Hello,
I love the Willow Tree nativity! I was just admiring it in a catalogue this month. The way Mary is cradling the Infant is just the way I hold my babies... I like that so much better than poor Jesus laying alone in the manger. I don't think Mary could have beared to put Him down for long.

Our family visited a Lutheran church for the first time on Sunday. We rather enjoyed it. It was very different than what we are used to (from Pentecostal/ Charismatic to Fundamentalist/ Baptist) but I am kind of a liturgy junkie... it is just so beautiful and precious. Of course we couldn't receive communion but when a little family went to the altar to receive it and all knelt together, the tears poured... I thought of the old gospel hymn "Let us break bread together on our knees."
Have a blessed Christmas.