Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The littlest chick



Here is a picture that the Rooster took of me before I went into the OR. Many of the nurses were surprised to find out that this was my fifth c-section. It seemed to go about as well as the others but the meds. seemed to make me more nauseous. I had my good friend Diane come to support me if there would have been oxygen problems with the little chicks. C-section babies seem to have low oxygen levels and then they need to stay in the nursery longer. Chick #5 cried very well after her birth so all of the gunk came out of her lungs. I was the one who was bleeding to much and shaking to hard to hold her. That soon passed and I was able to snuggle with the tiny chick.
Here is the Rooster making on of the many phone calls after the little chick was born.


Our littlest chick was born September 26th at 8:11am. She was 20 inches long and weighed 7lbs. 15oz. We handled the deliver OK, she seemed to fair it a little better than I did.


She was very alert and wanted to look around a little before she attempted to nurse. I was anxious to have her latch on but I needn't not worry. She nurses like a trooper.


Here she is soon after her first bath. The other chicks were able to help the nurse wash her hair and little baby Chick #1 was so happy to have the chance to help.


The next day I was able to be up and walk around a little so I was able to bath her. Chick #3 was helping me wash her beautiful hair this time. In case you did not know, all of my little chicks have been born with lots of dark hair. I just would not know what to do with a bald baby.


The other chicks along with NaNa and PaPa went shopping to buy chick #5 a coming home outfit. This is what they picked out. It was such a beautiful little dress for her to wear home.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats!! She is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your pics and your story!

Lotzastitches said...

Awww! What a beautiful baby!
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Your aunt Regina, called me and told me of your new chick. She is so cute and what a head of hair. God has really blessed you with a wonderful loving family.

Your aunt Deborah

Tourangeau said...

Thanks for the pictures! I was craving more pics of Baby Baker #5! Ryan said that Birk looks like such a pro in his scrubs in the picture. Thanks for the phone call after she was born. I was thinking of you and praying for you both so much last Friday! It seems so much sweeter to see tiny baby pics now that I know what it feels like to kiss my own little one. Blessings! Love you guys!

debhmom3 said...

Awww, what a doll! Congrats on another beautiful blessing.

Kristi said...

Congratulations on your newest little chick! Praying everyone is doing well. Mine were both C-sections as well, so take it easy as much as you can.

debbie said...

She is adorable!!! congratulations! :o)

Marie N. said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, and what a reception her siblings have given her! The coming home outfit is so darling too.

Wolf Pack said...

Now I want a baby! :) She's cute! :)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Congratulations! What an exciting time!

Sarah said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations on this newest blessing so fresh from Heaven.

I'm sure chick #1 is helping enough to allow you to get some rest. :)