Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Mamapalooza revealed

Some of you may not be familiar with the ever famous Looper Mamapaloozas. Loopers are a group of LCMS Homeschoolers that are connected on a e-mail loop. If you want more information jump onto the CAT.41 web site. There have been various Mamapaloozas in the past few years. It seems that most of them are in or around Ohio. That would not be a close drive for me in Nebraska. Lucky for me two of my now close friends planed a Mamapalooza in Iowa. Yeah! I could finally see what one of these events was like.

Imagine sitting a in a room with ten women. Three of whom you have met before and 7 that are face to face strangers. Chocolate is passed around the room and visiting begins. After about an hour of talk you realize that you really do know these women. They are just like you. Their lives move in a circle of Christ in them, love for their family, and educating their children. We all have the same joys and hardships and we all could be free with each other. There were no masks or competition among us.

We ate to much food which must be a symptom of being free in the gospel. We ate Chocolate with nuts, chocolate covered espresso beans (a new favorite) drank coke and had cheesecake and brownies. See, I told you, we are to free in the Gospel. We talked until the wee hours of the morning and still woke up at 7 AM. I guess that mothers are creatures of habit.

I was sad to leave these wonderful women who had become close friends in only two days. But I do have e-mail so we can keep in touch daily. The memories of my first Mamapalooza are grand and heart warming. I am sorry that I do not have a any pictures to post on my blog. If you would like to see a picture of the group of ladies you can click on Angie's blog. She have a group photo of us.

2 comments:

Marie N. said...

Sounds wonderful! I love the times our local group of Loopers (northeast Ohio) can get together for field trips and chatting while the kids play and hang out.

Marie N. said...

hi Charity,

I'd encourage you and your son to go watch a class, or several. I took our daughter to observe classes at three schools and we chose the one that impressed us far above the other two.

The boards come in different thicknesses. Don't let him have images of shelving boards or anything like that in mind! My son in the photos there is not 5½ yet. This was his first time going to the school as a buddy and he has never had a class.